|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Known Cliches in SciFandom List known clichés in Fantsy and Sci-FI literature; avoid whenever possible
Legendary Weapons forged from either:
- Metal From Comets and Meteors
- Blood of Perished Knights
- One or several parts of a dragon
- Combinations of the above
Legendary Ships stowed in either:
- Active Volcanoes
- Dead sea trenches
- Abandoned Research Stations
- Combinations of the above (Abandoned Research Station built in a subsea volcano)
Final Battles Set in:
- Active Volcanoes
- Large scale battles involving 2 or more armies
- The Burning Pinnacles of Reality
- Orbiting Starships
Main Character Backstories involving:
- Said main character being an orphan
- Said main character still grieving a lost loved one, or searching for a loved one
- Said main character being the product of a military application genetics experiment
- Said main character being a hybrid of homo sapien and some otherworldy race (demon, elf, etc.)
- Any combination of two or more of these elements
Support Character Arche
Nine TimesI saw him nine times.
The first time we were both sitting in the room together, getting ready to take the math test that would determine our placement. I was scatterbrained and throwing things around, trying to find the pencils that I had known I would need but had still just tossed in my purse. He was lounging backwards in his chair, looking for all the world as though he didn’t have a single care in the world, including the upcoming test. It annoyed me, that I was frantic and ready to scream, while someone else could be that relaxed.
I tested out of the class.
I don’t know if he did.
The second time I saw him, it was a few months after I arrived on campus. He was the one rushing and frantic this time, running across the square. He was probably late for class, though I had no way of knowing for sure. I was already lost in my own thoughts and ideas, deciding on my major and convincing people that yes, this is what I really want to do with my life. If they weren
Keep in Touch!